Basically, we want to know which things make the sugar level high and low in the human body and how we can control these factors and which type of awareness is required for Diabetes Management. This is a blog just to convey some information only. Indeed, it requires physical consultation with a physician, if there is any issue like this or if you are experiencing diabetes. If you want to control your blood sugar level within the range then it can be difficult to completely follow the recommendation of your doctor. That’s the reason that sometimes unexpectedly, a lot of factors make the blood sugar level change. We have a primary care physician in Katy, TX and you can visit for your checkup.
Some factors that can affect your sugar level are discussed below:
Healthy eating is the basis of a healthy lifestyle with or without diabetes. But if you are a patient of diabetes, you just need to know how food affects your blood sugar level. It is not only concerned with which kind of food you’re consuming, but also concerns that how much you are eating, and the combinations of food types you are eating.
Some steps you should follow regarding awareness:
- An essential aspect of many Diabetes Management programs is learning how to count carbohydrates. Carbohydrates also have the greatest effect on your blood sugar levels. It is important for people to take insulin at mealtime to know the number of carbohydrates in their food so that you get the right dose of insulin.
- You should avoid sugary beverages if you are a diabetes patient. The reason behind this is that the sugar-sweetened beverages contain high calories and have less nutrition which is not good for the health of the diabetic patients.
Another major plan for diabetes management is physical activity. When you exercise, the muscles use glucose for energy. If you exercise regularly, it also allows the body to use insulin more effectively. Through these factors, you can control your blood sugar level. As energetic as your exercise is, the longer it will continue.
Here are some steps which you should follow:
- You should make plan for your daily exercise that how much time you should be given to exercise. You should consult with your doctor regarding this.
- Another important step which you should follow is that if you take insulin then you should check the blood sugar level before, during and after the exercise.
To take less or no stress is another most important part of diabetes management. When a person takes the stress then the hormones released by his body can cause the blood sugar level high.
Some steps you should follow in this case are:
- You should learn some techniques which provide you the relaxation.
- You should go to your doctor to get help to cope with your stress.
- Exercise is a very good way to release your stress and it also helps in lowering of sugar level.
If the diet and physical activities don’t work then you should go for the medication. Insulin and some other medicines are made for this purpose.
Some steps which you should follow:
If your sugar level is rising or falling consistently then you should go to your doctor for a checkup.
You should check the expiry date of the insulin or medicines regularly otherwise using expiry insulin and medicines may cause a harmful effects.
In case of any emergency, you can get our services of a family doctor in Katy, TX.