Internal Medicine and Adult Primary Care Practice in Richmond, TX for Chronic Disease Management, Diabetes Managament, Women’s & Wellness Care.
Tele Health Appointment Available
Diabates, It’s Symptoms and Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes
Primary Care Internal Medicine Doctor: Care and treatment for adults.
Diabetes is a group of diseases that result in high blood sugar (hyperglycemia). This high sugar content can be due to the body’s inability to produce enough insulin or its inability to use insulin effectively, or both. Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas that regulates the amount of glucose in the blood.
There are three main types of diabetes:
- Type 1 Diabetes: An autoimmune condition where the body’s immune system attacks and destroys insulin-producing cells in the pancreas. This means people with Type 1 diabetes produce little to no insulin. It’s typically diagnosed in children and young adults, which is why it’s also called juvenile diabetes.
- Type 2 Diabetes: This is the most common form of diabetes. In Type 2 diabetes, the body either doesn’t produce enough insulin or the body’s cells resist the effects of insulin (insulin resistance). While it’s more common in adults, an increasing number of children and teenagers are being diagnosed due to rising obesity rates.
- Gestational Diabetes: This type occurs in some women during pregnancy when the body can’t produce enough insulin to meet the increased needs, leading to high blood sugar levels. It usually resolves after childbirth, but women who’ve had gestational diabetes have a higher risk of developing Type 2 diabetes later in life.
At Lifecare Primary Medical Associates PLLC, Katy, we believe health care should be personal and primary care is to ensure that the patient is provided with the right care and attention.
Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes
Diabetes often creeps in unnoticed. While Type 1 diabetes usually presents suddenly, the onset of Type 2 diabetes is more insidious. The early signs may seem harmless, yet awareness can lead to early diagnosis and better management. Some of the classic symptoms include:
- Increased Thirst & Frequent Urination: As excess sugar builds up in your bloodstream, fluid is pulled from the tissues. This may leave you thirsty and you might drink and urinate more than usual.
- Increased Hunger: Without enough insulin to move sugar into your cells, your muscles and organs become depleted of energy, leading to intense hunger.
- Fatigue: If your cells are deprived of sugar, you may become tired and irritable.
- Blurred Vision: High blood sugar levels can pull fluid from the lenses of your eyes, affecting your ability to focus.
- Slow-Healing Sores or Frequent Infections: Diabetes affects your body’s ability to heal and resist infections.
- Areas of Darkened Skin: Often found in the armpits and neck, this condition called acanthosis nigricans is a sign of insulin resistance.
What We Do for Your Diabates Management in Richmond, TX.
Lifecare for Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention of Diseases.
Regular Monitoring: Routine checks help in monitoring blood glucose levels, ensuring they remain within the target range.
Early Detection of Complications: Regular appointments can help identify issues like diabetic retinopathy or neuropathy in their infancy, facilitating timely interventions.
Personalized Care: Everyone’s journey with diabetes is unique. Primary care allows treatments to be tailored to individual needs and responses.
Lifestyle Recommendations: A significant part of managing diabetes involves lifestyle adjustments. Primary care provides guidance on dietary needs, exercise regimens, and stress management.
Independent, family-run, family-friendly & bilingual practice
Experienced board-certified Internal Medicine doctor
Comprehensive Preventive Medical Examination and a Personal Wellness Plan
Free COVID-19 Test for Uninsured Patients in Katy,Tx.
Accepting New Patients with Walk-in and Prior Appointment
Routine exams to diagnosing and managing adult conditions
Specialized focus on diabetes, obesity, hypertension, lung diseases, heart diseases, and many more.
Enjoy the benefits of shorter wait times, more efficient visits
Most of the insurance plans are accepted. Please check with your health insurance plan to confirm as healthcare networks periodically change.
Working Hours in Katy
9.00 am-5.00 pm
Saturday & Sunday
PCP in Richmond and Greater Houston Area
Katy family prysician for Adult care. When you are looking for PCP near me in Katy, Cinco Rench, or Fulshear areas, we are glad to welcome your Adult Family Members for Primary Care or Chronic Disease Management. Walk in Welcome, however, we appreciate your call at 281-712-7757 to avoid long waiting time.
In case of an emergency, always call at 911.
Primary Care Practice in Katy Accepting New Patients. Same-day Appointment
Dr. Samira Khan, Board Certified in Internal Medicine, and her practice provides primary medical care at Katy, TX for adults care including, but not limited to:
- Management of chronic diseases by primary care doctor katy
- Preventative medicine, including health screenings and physicals
- Smoking cessation
- Treatment of minor injuries
- Weight management
- Women’s healthcare
Maintain respect for the dignity of the individuals within the families we treat, ensuring quality health care. If you are looking for a primary care physician at Katy, please call us to confirm your appointment.
- Web Designs 100% 100%
Conditions Treated in Katy, TX
The conditions treated at Lifecare Primary Katy, TX by our doctors include the following-
- Complete Family Health Care
- Well Men & Woman’s Exam
- Aches and Pain
- Sprain and Strain
- Minor Office Procedures
- Skin Problem
- Depression/ Anxiety
- Physicals and Prescription Refill
- Interarticular Injections
- Thyroid problem
- Acute Sick Visits
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Flu and cough
- Heart disease
- Blood Pressure
- Digestive health issues
- Kidney diseases
- Endocrine disorders and hormone issues
- Respiratory diseases ( COPD, Asthma).
Patient-Centred Richmond Primary Care Physician
Adult Preventive Care
Being the clinic of Primary care physician Katy, our provider treats a broad range of conditions and are strong advocates for preventive care with a special interest in preventative health, and women’s health. As PCP in Katy, TX, establishing long-term relationships with our patients is an essential part of the practices at Lifecare Primary Medical Associates PLLC. We always appreciate open communication and strive to connect with each person we treat.
Routine Checkups At Walk In Clinic In Richmond
Internal Medicine Practice for Adults, Women and Welfare.
Primary Care Doctors, also known as Primary Care Physicians (PCPs) is also known as Primary Care Doctor. Lifecare Primary act is conveniently located at Katy and is the first doctor for patients visit. Especially in most often on an outpatient basis. When you are looking for Primary Care Clinic in Katy, TX or Family Doctor in Katy, TX in Katy and nearby areas, we are available to accommodate your appointment with a single call.
Primary care doctor is basically for your non-emergency situations. We following the diagnostic techniques like patient interviews, physical exams. We also collect through medical histories and examine current symptoms. Here in Katy, in addition of routine checkups, our Primary Care practice will cover vaccines and boosters and annual wellness for adults.
Anxiety, depression are linked to hypertension. It has been observed that people who experience thye symptoms of depression or anxiety are at increased risk of developing hypertension. Anxiety Anxiety in particular also refers to anticipation of a future concern and...
Diabetes a non-communicable disease where blood sugars increase uncontrollably along with a decrease in production of insulin, has become a major global health problem. The prevalence of diabetes expected to reach 4.4% by 2030 globally. Is diabetes curable You can...
Internal Medicine Practice for Diagnosing, Treating Chronic Illness, and Disease Prevention. Primary care is a term that describes the first point of contact a patient has with the health system when he or she has a non-emergency health issue. Primary care is usually...